20 Principles of Modern Web Design to Build a Strong Foundation
It is very urgent to use sophisticated web design rules and concepts on your website so that they are in line with the latest growth and needs.
A sophisticated website certainly has its own advantages, among other examples is making a web site that is responsive. Visitors who use websites cannot access the website.
If the web site is only good for the desktop computer, you will certainly lose because visitors who use mobile devices will leave the website, the website will automatically be empty.
Here are some rules and principles of modern web design.
- Using the latest technology standards. For example web design uses the latest HTML and CSS versions.
- Validation of HTML and CSS. Not only the version, but also need to use a valid code. Can be checked using W3 Validator.
- Using the latest soft devices for web creation. For example, the user script and database software use an up to date version.
- Use the latest tips and rules. Examples of page layout sites using column systems that use divs are no longer tables. If we are interested, we can also use network based layouts.
- Quick and remember compilation is accessible. For example, by reducing the size of the image file with compression techniques, it can also summarize the code behind the web page.
- Simple but cool design. For example, choosing to use a flat design with Google web fonts to make it cool.
- Use a color scheme. A website will definitely not be good if it doesn’t use a clear color scheme. So make sure we choose good coloring, this business will definitely help to increase readability. For example, you may not use brown articles on a black background, it would be better to use brighter text like white or yellow if the backround is black or dark.
- Easy to modify and update. Make sites with template systems, to the extent that site layouts and content can be divorced and become easier to modify. It’s good to use a clear workflow so you can separate between the development and production versions.
- Mobile friendly. For example by using responsive web design to serve visitors who use so many kinds of screen sizes.
- SEO friendly. One method is the HTML code that is equipped with Structured Data Markup since the design process began.
- Ready to be monetized. For example, by preparing space for the placement of banner advertisements since the beginning of website creation.
- Not a little popup. Advanced websites don’t use too little popup but use just the right popup with an informative destination, not just for advertising.
- Supports social marketing. One way is to use widgets or share icons to many popular social media.
- Informative content and concentration on visitors. For example by submitting accurate information, using fairly complete information text, accompanied by supporting images or videos.
- Good navigation structure. For example, using a categorized menu system and taking breadcrumbs to navigate to the point where visitors are not confused. Besides being consistent in planting navigation.
- Clear features and functionality. For example, spend the contact form and login for users, spend the contact form so that visitors can send messages to website owners.
- Dynamic Web. The example is definitely using a programming script and database, like PHP and MySQL. With this technology the website can have pages to manage its own content (CMS) to the point that it saves time when intending to add content.
- Measured and monitored. The trick is to install a script to write the amount of traffic so that it can be researched for website development needs. Can use Google Analytic.